Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Second Verse, Same As The First...

Mr.Atos

This doesn't even require commentary from me.


AP: Trent Lott wins back leadership slot
WASHINGTON - Mississippi Sen. Trent Lott, ousted from the top Senate Republican leadership job four years ago because of remarks considered racially insensitive, won election to the No. 2 post Wednesday for the minority GOP in the next Congress. Lott returned to the center of power by getting the position of vote-counting GOP whip, nosing out Sen. Lamar Alexander. Sen. Rick Santorum told reporters that Lott beat Alexander by a 25-24 vote.

Suffice it to say (sing),

I'm Henery the Eighth, I am.
Henery the Eighth I am! I am!
I
got married to the widow next door,
She's been married seven times before.
Every one was an Henery
She wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam

I'm her eighth old man named Henery
Henery the Eighth I am.



Second verse, same as the first!

Or perhaps I should just quit...

...before suffering further humiliation along with the decaying Republican establishment of beltway-invested, half-wit, out of touch, ivory tower, nincompoops! The kind that elect the likes of Trent Lott as Minority whip as a sign of 'change.'

I'm gonna keep singing until, Trent et al, just go away. Second verse...
I'm Henery the Eighth, I am!
Henery the Eighth I am! I am!
I got married to the widow next door...

2 comments:

Major Mike said...

I guess sometimes gnu leadership isn't so gnu.

I guess I won't start holding my breath for any startling results coming form the Senate as the GOP Sens become ensconced in their new, minority role...but, I guess they couldn't produce worse result than they did when they were in power...above average on judges...abjectly average or below on all else.

Mr.Atos said...

If there's one thing the Democrats have going for them (and they seem to have several at the moment), its that you can fake sanity when its required... say every couple years.

One simply cannot fake their way out of stupid, GOP.

If the Gnu fits, bear it!