Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Shotgun Tuesday...Too Good to Wait Until Friday

Major Mike

Get This Boghie Off My Six

If you get a chance stop by BoghieOnYourSix. He does a great job of keeping up with the issues, and provides some great links to those stories, that you won't find referenced other places. We'll be blogrolling him as soon as we can schedule some site maintenance time.

I'd like to get him some addtional traffic, since he seems obsessed with picking on me...probably because I am his only regular visitor. You also may notice he is a bit touchy about blog title lengths...I go out of my way to accommodate him on this, by keeping my titles extra short...see above.

Also you may catch that he has some quirky kind of pyramid fetish on his blogroll list, but if you can get past those minor detractors, you'll find he is in touch and up to speed on the issues. Also, if he is distracted by other visitors, he may get off my case. Enjoy the site.

Too Good to Be True...Jane Fonda Update

Jane Fonda is turning over the reigns of her protesting career to Cindy Sheehan. I guess this explains why her and her vegamate fuels loser bus, has yet to make it tp Portland. Her reason, this is rich,..."she has too much baggage." I thought that was the reason for the bus. Take a rail car, 747, something...

''I wanted to do a tour like I did during the Vietnam War, a tour of the country,'' the Oscar-winning actress said Monday. ''But then Cindy Sheehan filled in the gap, and she is better at this than I am. I carry too much baggage.''

Could it be the real reason is that the anti-war movement doesn't exist? Seems more likely that she realizes that there is no energy in the anti-war movement and she would look like a fool trying to rally crowds of 250. She probably also realizes that today's generation of protesters are not about to be lead by some has been actress, trying to look 35, who couldn't inspire someone dying of thirst to drink water.

Tick, Tick tick...11 minutes of fame left...and counting.

Dixie Chicks Update

"Not Ready to Make Nice" still hasn't cracked the Billboard Top 25 on the Country Charts...I guess those pre-orders aren't just flying in for their new "hit".

I did catch this review...which is somewhat positive...I noted with interest that

"Sony is simultaneously taking the song to adult top 40, adult contemporary and country."

Wow, I am sure this is exactly the demographic they were going for. Maybe Jane Fonda will buy a copy.

Neil Young...half Jane Fonda, half Dixie Chick

Just in time. Just when Jane was giving up her war protesting career, and the Dixie Chicks are trying to crack the Over-60 Contemporary Adult Billboard Chart for War Protesting Singles; they get some competition from aging rocker(?) Neil Young. For a moment there I thought all the wind was going out of the anti-war movement. Apparently he is also trying to crack a niche market in one of the the many Billboard charts...Metal Folk Protest

"I think it is a metal version of Phil Ochs and Bob Dylan ... metal folk protest?"

I predict great things...I think Neil will soon be seranading Cindy Sheehan in Crawford, TX with the other 15 Metal Folk Protest fans.

Good luck with that. Sounds...promising.

No comments: